View on LinkedIn
Scroll to view resume, or click to download pdf
ASSISTANT STUDIO ARTIST, ALLEN & GERRITSEN, Boston, MA October 2012 - Present
- Work in the studio designing print and web ads, and provide support for art directors. Client work includes: Papa Gino’s, the Ninety-Nine, Museum of Science, Friendly’s, Boys & Girls Club, Raymond, Bank of Rhode Island, and Kamik.
DESIGNER, BOSTON UNIVERSITY MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS, Boston, MA June 2011 - August 2012
- Worked in creative services at BU's in-house agency on print publications and collateral pieces as well as annual catologs and advertisements.
- Promoted from position as an Intern based on strong quality of work produced.
TEACHER'S ASSISTANT, BOSTON UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF FINE ARTS, Boston, MA September 2010 - May 2012
- Helped students in Site-Specific art course develop proposals for on-campus art pieces. Taught three hours/week without the professor.
TORCH TOUR AMBASSADOR, CENERGY & EMPIRE STATE GAMES, NY June 2010 - July 2010
- Promoted the Empire State Games (Amateur sports competition for NYS athletes) on a Torch Tour around NY State for 5 weeks, by building excitement around the Game's return to Buffalo in 2010. Tour stops included setting up a 20'x10' display, talking to people, and taking visitor's photograph holding the actual Game's torch. Job also included interviewing with local media and keeping a blog. Torch Tour Blog
DESIGN INTERN, CENERGY ACTIVATING BRANDS, East Aurora, NY May 2010 - August 2010
- Worked in the creative department of a full service advertising agency designing layouts for new pitches to clients, image searching, and making edits to creative work produced.
ART SUPERVISOR, ADLAB, Boston, MA January 2010 - May 2010
- Reviewed and approved art direction in work produced by AdLab creative teams, while supervising multiple teams.
TEACHER'S ASSISTANT, BOSTON UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF COMMUNICATION, Boston, MA September 2009 - May 2010
- Helped students in Design and New Media course solve design problems in print layout and logo design, including assistance with design software.
ASSISTANT, NEIMAN FOUNDATION FOR JOURNALISM AT HARVARD, Cambridge, MA January 23, 2010
- Assisted with day-long Adobe Flash seminar for Neiman Fellowship scholars presented by Mindy McAdams, author of Flash Journalism.
ART DIRECTOR, ADLAB, Boston, MA September 2009 - December 2009
- Designed event and behavioral change posters for the Boston University Office of Sustainability.
INTERN, MCCONNELLS ADVERTISING SERVICE, LTD, Dublin, Ireland June - July 2009
- Worked on live briefs in the creative department as both a copywriter and art director.
- Wrote radio and television commercials and designed print advertisements, logos, and brochures.
- Presented work to client service teams and clients.
DESIGNER, BOSTON UNIVERSITY, Boston, MA January 2007 - May 2008
- Designed a wall mural for Boston University using Photoshop.
- Worked directly with the commercial printing company, Seaport Graphics, through the production and installation process.
ILLUSTRATOR, LIZ CLAIBORNE MARKET RESEARCH GROUP, NY November 2007
- Designed and illustrated four outfits for a market research proposal to Liz Claiborne.
Boston University College of Fine Arts, 2012 Master of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
Boston University College of Communication, graduated Cum Laude
Bachelor of Science in Mass Communication, Concentration in Advertising
Minor in Art History, Visual Arts
Dublin City University, Summer 2009 8 Credit Internship Program
Blue Chip Award: awarded by the Alumni Board of the College of Communication to 8 seniors exemplifying leadership, academic excellence, talent in field, and service; 2010 College of Communication Commencement Speaker; National Student Advertising Competition first place team District 1; America East Indoor Track All-Academic Team: must have a 3.3 GPA and be an important contributer to their team; graduated Cum Laude
Creative Team member on Boston University's National Student Advertising Competition Team (NSAC), Captain of Boston University's Div. I Cross Country and Track & Field Teams, Intervarsity Christian Fellowship: Athlete Chapter, Student Athlete Advisory Council Team Representative
Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Flash. Also proficient in iMovie.
2012 Website by Sarah Mosser | Home